Saturday, 21 August 2010

If you are looking for a friendly reliable service, look no further.

So, I have recently purchased an Eken m001 for my wife, as a birthday present. I was getting fed up with her clogging up my laptop checking out her facebook every time I was in the middle of something. After a bit of research into the Android Tablet market I decided on the Eken m001, as all my wife would be using it for was literally facebook and maybe a bit of google-ing should the little ones fall ill.
So I finally obtained one from the world's most loved auction site, and after 8 days it finally made it's way from Shengzen, China to my frontdoor step. At first my wife was a little bit dubious, but she got used to it fairly quickly.
Then, shock horror, I went to go and use it when I found it lying on our bedroom floor, which is a fairly dangerous place to be with a 2 year old running loose around the house. And alas, when I went to switch it on there was a lovely crack on the LCD screen.
After contacting Eken and getting no reply I consoled myself to the fact that we would have to purchase another one.
That's when I saw  the niffty looking FlyTouch 7" Android Pad, which I snapped up at a bargain price. It just did not have the same feel as the Eken, which I was very surprised about, as it cost more than the Eken.
I started searching the forums for some advice on how to repair it myself and where to source the materials from when I heard a name Hardware Heroes mentioned.
So I  contacted these guys myself and when I got a really speedy reply on my HTC, I headed on over to my Inbox.
The reply started that unfortunately they could not supply me with the parts, but instead offered to carry out the repair at a VERY REASONABLE price. From what I could see I couldn't have sourced the parts for the price I ended up paying, which included the posting back to me.
So I eagerly replied that I would like them to carry out the repair. A few days later I received another email just to check if I had posted the item, which I hadn't, and then received another email saying it had arrived safely. This was  followed by another email, that the repair was completed, along with an offer to update my firmware for free before it was returned.
My overall experience was that of outstanding service and delivery and I can only recommend these guys, be it for repair, advice or if you are in the market for an Android Tablet yourself.
Head on over to HARDWARE HEROES.
Ben Greeb

No comments:

Post a Comment